Jobs

Hi Folks

i'm new on here and looking forward to getting to know you. I was wondering if anyone could help with two issues I am having at the moment.

Firstly, I am autistic and graduated from university this summer with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. I'm taking this area further and have started working as a teaching assistant in a primary school and working with year 2 students with autism and learning disabilities who are in main stream education. I am finding I enjoy the job but am exhausted from the noise and not getting down time away from the children. Last night I had what appeared to be something like an epileptic fit which has never happened before. So I was wondering how many of you have a job, what type of job, and how do you cope at work to make it bearable?

Secondly, I have a boy in the class with Aspergers who is adorable but needs my constant attention. He's big built and solid, and at times needs restraining. I was wondering if there are any teachers, parents or carers who could advise me on how they approach a child like this as I leave school most days feeling battered and bruised.

thanks for your help.

Parents Reply Children
No Data