Hello from Madrid (daughter with PDD - NOS)

Hello,

My name is Christian. I live in Spain with my wife and my three daughters.

One of them, who´s 14 years old, has been diagnosed with PDD - NOS. She´s attending a school in Madrid that is specialized in helping children with learning difficulties and she´s doing pretty well.

Fact is that she has a great ability to learn languages. She´s learning English at school but we would like to help her to improve her English skills as much as possible. And, of course, we would like to help her to become more independent and self-confident (we – parents – tend to be overprotective with her …).

One of her sisters is currently doing a “language immersion program” in Canada, staying at a Canadian family and attending a Canadian secondary school.  I would like to do something similar with my other daughter, but haven´t found so far anything that is prepared or designed for children with PDD – NOS.

Thus, I would like to get in touch with families from UK that have children with similar problems to see whether it might be possible to organize a sort of “student exchange”.

Since I have to travel to UK in the next months, I would be possible for me to meet potentially interested families in order to have an exchange of ideas in this regard.

What do you think?

Is there any other forum or place that I should contact?

Any ideas to help me with this project would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards from Madrid

Christian

Parents Reply Children
No Data