Toilet training

Hi,

I'm new to the community. I'm a worried mum to an amazing 4 year old who has been put on the autism pathway. He starts school on Monday and we are having real trouble with toilet training. Please, please, please has anyone had the same trouble? I feel pretty desperate this morning and any help would be very much appreciated!

• I am a mother to a 3 1/2 year old boy, we are waiting for a diagnosis. We have just managed to toilet train him. The things that helped were a book called Pirate Pete which he loves (it's on amazon), always taking him to the toilet with us/his elder sister, as much naked time as possible, him choosing his own blue potty, lots of encouragement and praise. It was a very gradual process and i think it helps if you can break it down and do it in stages. Do not expect too much too soon. He will get there, he may just learn in a different way at his own pace. We are still not quite there and there are accidents. You may also get support from the health visitor. Also the school may have offer some advice. Hope this helps