Opinions wanted

Greetings  - I posted the following to the site 2 or 3 days ago but I don't think it appeared anywhere.  Dunnit wrong, I guess. I've never been officially diagnosed as autistic but I think I am.  I'd appreciate people looking at the posting below and telling me what they think about my "autism".

When I was a young kid I decided to have a jolly interesting life and write my memoirs in my old age.  My inspiration was Captain Joshua Slocum who in 1898 became the first man to sail alone round the world.  His memoirs were a bestseller. In 1909, when he was 65, he was lost at sea on another ocean voyage.  My first tentative step was to become a navigating apprentice on an oil tanker.  It didn't work out so I became a journalist. Does that sound an unlikely job for someone on the autistic scale?  Journalism worked for me even though I have occasionally felt all at sea, like being alone in a crowd.  Like being in society but not of society.  Sometimes I have been swept overboard by nasty social waves. I'm now 80 years old so that provides a measure of proof that British society is less dangerous than the Atlantic Ocean in a gale. Of course, to justify my tale of autistic triumph I have to prove that I am indeed autistic.  That is why I have joined this discussion list. If I tell you about my signs and symptoms, is there anyone out there willing to offer a diagnosis?  My Jack Russell Willy is bold and brave. I am not. I am a craven sycophant.  My nickname at one office was Toady.  More symptoms will follow if I receive encouragement

Signed Octogent

Parents
  • ... was a mess because I cut and pasted the text from MS Word, so lots of MS code appeared in it.  I'll use Notepad in future.  I think the messed up posting was readable so I won't repeat it unless anyone complains.

• ... was a mess because I cut and pasted the text from MS Word, so lots of MS code appeared in it.  I'll use Notepad in future.  I think the messed up posting was readable so I won't repeat it unless anyone complains.

Children
No Data