Recently assessed

Hi, I'm Dan.

I'm in my late 30s and have assumed I was somewhere on the spectrum for a long time.  I recently had a non-clinical assessment carried out by a suitably qualified professional using the Adult Asperger Assessment tool.  The overall result was a score of 14, so a clearly positive assessment.  For those familiar with the test my score was broken down as A-4, B-3, C-5, D-2 with AQ and EQ scores of 48 and 1 (yes, one) respectively.

I've joined this site as part of my efforts to try and work out what to do with this information.  Not having had a formal clinical diagnosis, I'm currently aiming to deal with any issues I have without clinical support.  Unsuprisingly, looking at my assessment results, most of my difficulties in life stem from dealing with other people.  That said, I have a successful career in engineering and believe it or not most of my work these days is involved with managing large projects so I am forced to deal with people every day.

The recent assessment has brought my characteristics into sharper focus than ever before.  Traits that I've not been aware of are now blindingly obvious to me and those I already knew about seem to be harder to ignore.  One of these traits is that I apparently talk about myself far too much, so I'll stop for now.  Thanks for reading.

Parents Reply Children
No Data