New Asper Girl here

Hi everyone

I have been putting off writing a post for a few months now, but I thought I would finally do it, so here goes nothing.

I am 26 and was diagnosed with Asperger's in December 2014.  I was pretty relieved with this diagnosis as it explains how I am and how I was when growing up.  I also am happy to finally get a diagnosis that does actually feel right for me. As I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder a couple of years ago, and even though some of the symptoms I did have, it just didn't feel right.

I really suffer with my anxiety and am learning to control it and what to do if i can't.  I also don't go out much, if i do i try to avoid people, if i know them or not, just so i dont have to talk to them.  I find it hard to get jokes and if someone is being serious and usually i just take everything literally.  I dont have any friends and find it very difficult making them and keeping them, i just can't seem to get it right.  

My eye contact seems to be ok, except for meeting a person for the first time.  I am not good at conversations and small talk. And I freeze in large groups, I tend to stay by myself.

I have struggled a lot with self harming, eating disorders (being type 1 diabetic does not help this), depression, anxiety among other things. 

I finally moved out of my mum's place and moved into the student residence at my local college at the beginning of this year, that was such a big change, but that has been one of my obsessions and i was determined that it would happen. that has been a goal i can say i have achieved. and it took over a year to get there.

My interests are art, animals, music, films.

I won't go into anymore detail as i will be here forever.  If you want to know anything specific.......

I don't know what else to write just now.

Thanks for reading

Sam 

Parents
  • Hi Hope

How are you?

I like a lot of different kinds of music, mainly rock but have a little obsession with 80's music at the moment.  I have had long periods of time where I just like one artist and that all I listen too.  For a few years it was Marilyn Manson, then Evanescence and another time it was Amy Winehouse.

How about you, what music do you like?

• Hi Hope

How are you?

I like a lot of different kinds of music, mainly rock but have a little obsession with 80's music at the moment.  I have had long periods of time where I just like one artist and that all I listen too.  For a few years it was Marilyn Manson, then Evanescence and another time it was Amy Winehouse.

How about you, what music do you like?

Children
No Data