Hello, newbie here

Hi there.

I've been wanting to join for quite a while (~2 yrs?) but I have been far too nervous/scared to take the plunge... Even forums are pretty scary for me. Always worried people will misunderstand and go on the offensive. This seems to happen a lot.

Anyway, I'm 25 and finding myself far too overwhelmed with life lately and in dire need of support/friends, so I decided to finally take the plunge and see if I can make any progress here. Not really sure what else to say in these introduction things. Undecided

Parents
  • Hi Xenos

Hello, and welcome, you've introduced yourself very well just in doing it at all. Well done, it looks like you need some support and hopefuly you've come to the right place! We're always happy to welcome a new chum Smile

You'll find that many of us manage written communication much better than trying to 'chat', and this is a comfortable place to be, we hope! Say as little  or as much as you can manage, don't feel that you have to be 'careful' with anyone here, and IF something is bothering you, tell us.

We've all experienced difficulties with diagnosis - some more than others, but no-one ever reports a quick and simple process. It also seems to be more difficult to diagnose females, I'm currently discussing this in depth on thread titled Involvement of family-Adult diagnosis, with Belles12345 mostly, and it would be very helpful if some other ladies, both pre and post diagnosis, would join in.

Belles is pre-diagnosis too. We both think that there is a vital need to understand why girls are so difficult to diagnose, and try to help the professionals with an 'insider' view. It is most important to get an early diagnosis, because we all know what it is like to live with the undiagnosed condition, and the 'lost and alone' feeling as we try, and often fail, to navigate our way through a confusing world.

We might misunderstand, but it's unlikely, and we'll certainly try not to be offensive!

• Hi Xenos

Hello, and welcome, you've introduced yourself very well just in doing it at all. Well done, it looks like you need some support and hopefuly you've come to the right place! We're always happy to welcome a new chum Smile

You'll find that many of us manage written communication much better than trying to 'chat', and this is a comfortable place to be, we hope! Say as little  or as much as you can manage, don't feel that you have to be 'careful' with anyone here, and IF something is bothering you, tell us.

We've all experienced difficulties with diagnosis - some more than others, but no-one ever reports a quick and simple process. It also seems to be more difficult to diagnose females, I'm currently discussing this in depth on thread titled Involvement of family-Adult diagnosis, with Belles12345 mostly, and it would be very helpful if some other ladies, both pre and post diagnosis, would join in.

Belles is pre-diagnosis too. We both think that there is a vital need to understand why girls are so difficult to diagnose, and try to help the professionals with an 'insider' view. It is most important to get an early diagnosis, because we all know what it is like to live with the undiagnosed condition, and the 'lost and alone' feeling as we try, and often fail, to navigate our way through a confusing world.

We might misunderstand, but it's unlikely, and we'll certainly try not to be offensive!

Children
No Data