Hi, new member

Hi every1, i have 2yr old twin boys and 1 of my boys was given 90% chance of have autism n i am now awaiting the speech therapist to come and confirm this. I feel so upset and i am trying to do as much research as poss as i have no clue how long i will have to wait for 100% diagnosis, my head is just all over the place.

Could any1 pls tell me how long i will wait from seeing the doctor to seeing the speech therapist.

Thanx in advance xx

Parents
  • Hi Loretta - welcome Smile.  The best thing you can do about the waiting times is ring up + ask.  Things vary depending on what part of the country you're in - there isn't any uniformity.  You're doing exactly the right thing by learning about autism + how it affects your son as a person.  There's a lot to take in, so do it bit by bit.  Loads of info via the home pg + the posts.  There are posts about how parents feel going thru the diagnostic process + then getting the diagnosis itself.  Have a look at those if you want.  Also ask anything you want + posters will try + help. 

• Hi Loretta - welcome Smile.  The best thing you can do about the waiting times is ring up + ask.  Things vary depending on what part of the country you're in - there isn't any uniformity.  You're doing exactly the right thing by learning about autism + how it affects your son as a person.  There's a lot to take in, so do it bit by bit.  Loads of info via the home pg + the posts.  There are posts about how parents feel going thru the diagnostic process + then getting the diagnosis itself.  Have a look at those if you want.  Also ask anything you want + posters will try + help. 

Children
No Data