Hello!

Hello!

I'm new to this website and just wanted to introduce myself:

My name is Jason and I'm 36 years old and I'm a single dad to 12 year old twins. One in which has severe autism and is nonverbal. His name is Aaron and he was diagnosed with autism when he was just 3 years old , now I took this very hard and became very distance from him but I'm making it up to him now for being there for him every step of the way. 

I don't really know many other autistc parents so it can become very lonley thinking you are the only one who is dealing with this disorder , see Aaron lose all his speech and just become a very different boy in a matter of months when he was small was devestating and its a pain I don't think I will ever forget. 

But like i said I want tomeet other pepole that our in the same shoes that I'am in , maybe we can help each other and make me feel not so alone.

it would be great too meet some pepole who suffer from autism thereselfs too so maybe they can give me a insight on what is going on in my little mans head.

I will look forward to talking to you all

Thank you

Jason Innocent

• Hi Jason,

I am a Dad to 2 boys and 1 girl (middle boy 6 "D" we think has Aspergers and likely to also have PDA).  I think I also have mild aspergers (if that is the right term).  I clash in a big way with D as i like my routine and he can be very anti me (the control part of his PDA). My wife is fantastic in being able to deal with him, as she can be as random as him sometimes (very impulsive).

Cheers.