Hello New to the Site

Hello, my name is Lindsey I am Married and am Mum to a wonderful 9yr old Son who has in the last two weeks been formally diagnosed with ASD and PDA.

The last couple of years have been a horrible struggle for us as a Family but we are coming through it a little and I am looking forward to meeting people in a similar situation

Smile

• Hi Lindsey,

Our Son is 6 and is in the early stages of an ASD diagnosis,  We are convinced that he has PDA also. We also struggle as a family as he lashes out at his 9 year old brother and his 2 year ols sister.  I clash with him too as I suspect I have Aspergers (found that when reading about his issues) as I have my "routines" that I like and his controlling is awkward to say the least. My wife is much better at dealing with him than me, but it puts extra pessure on her because of my issues.  We did have one saving grace as we were awarded DLA (nice 40 page document to fill in) as his issues are so challenging.

Nice talking to you.

• Hi Lindsey,

Welcome to the Community! You'll find us a friendly and supportive bunch. Don't forget to look at the parent resources on our site too.

Take care, Smile

Avi