Hello

This is my first visit to any forum or discussion group on line. I am a single mum to a gorgeous 4.5 year old boy.  He is being assessed currently, after the initial assessment the paediatrician suspects Aspergers with ADD. She is reluctant to 'label' him yet due to his age.  Having had a sleepless night reading loads on the website, I am more confused than ever as to where he falls. I'm not sure that it really matters at the moment. My motivation for getting help with this was a fear that he would start school in September and be dismissed within the system as a naughty boy. Now he's going into school already working with the inclusion team and with SENCO support.  I am really hopeful that this will mean his inability to sit still on a mat and listen, his inability to cope with other children entering his world in the wrong way for him at that moment in time - the sudden unexplained aggression towards other children - will be understood and managed in a way that helps my little man to develop and grow happily through his school life and have positive relationships with his peers along the way. 

I struggle on a day to day basis to know how best to parent him.  He has challenged every expectation I had of myself as a parent and my aim to be Mother Earth has been replaced with screaming banshee and lots of tears and frustration.  I feel like I'm starting to come through this as I start to understand him more - but am looking forward to be able to use the support on here for the days where it just seems to go so wrong! 

better get back to looking after him!!