Diagnosed today

My 2.5 yr old was diagnosed today as somewhere on the spectrum (paed would not commit to where on it, though I would say mild to moderate).  He is receiving some salt intervention already, but have basically been told there is nothing else for him at such a young age. Is this really true?  If so, I fail to see what the benefits of recognising early are!  He should be starting pre-school in September which we have to pay for until his entitlement kicks in in January ( he is 3 in September).  I understand that he will get 15 hours 1:1 from January too.  But what happens before then?  I just thought once we had diagnosis, we would get a lot more help!?  Is there anything else we can be doing?

Parents
  • Yeh, meant speech and language therapy.  With regard training for us, we are going on a hanen course in June.  Anyway, does anyone know if you can get 1:1 support for pre-school prior to their pre-school entitlement kicking in, in the term after their 3rd birthday?

• Yeh, meant speech and language therapy.  With regard training for us, we are going on a hanen course in June.  Anyway, does anyone know if you can get 1:1 support for pre-school prior to their pre-school entitlement kicking in, in the term after their 3rd birthday?

Children
No Data