Hello everyone....!

I'm new around here .... Just wanted to stop & say hello! I'm a mum of a 4 year old beautiful boy, diagnosed with ASD last December. He also has a movement disorder & chromosomal disorder (which is quite rare!)  He 'IS' very rare & special to his dad & myself, and his family! He's a brave person & will do his best to try and make life easy for us, even though he must feel overwhelmed most of the time...! Very glad to be here .... But not use to how things work yet! Lisa

Parents
  •  Glad senco are helping! We too have support from senco at our school, but we have been told our boy will have to wait at least another one & 1/2 years before they might see if he can have one to one support! As for food .. Lol you discribed all the favourite food my son likes, he will eat broccoli, carrots and loves beetroot, he likes pepper added to food and will try quite strong foods ( even curry ) from a youngish age, which I found strange! Although certain textures affect him, crispy things are fine but soggy like porridge he won't touch also refuses sandwiches, but toasted are fine! Yes he starts school September this year ( bit nervous about that!) He will be mixing with many more children in a more formal environment. Good luck preschool on Friday to you both!

•  Glad senco are helping! We too have support from senco at our school, but we have been told our boy will have to wait at least another one & 1/2 years before they might see if he can have one to one support! As for food .. Lol you discribed all the favourite food my son likes, he will eat broccoli, carrots and loves beetroot, he likes pepper added to food and will try quite strong foods ( even curry ) from a youngish age, which I found strange! Although certain textures affect him, crispy things are fine but soggy like porridge he won't touch also refuses sandwiches, but toasted are fine! Yes he starts school September this year ( bit nervous about that!) He will be mixing with many more children in a more formal environment. Good luck preschool on Friday to you both!

Children
No Data