Hello everyone....!

I'm new around here .... Just wanted to stop & say hello! I'm a mum of a 4 year old beautiful boy, diagnosed with ASD last December. He also has a movement disorder & chromosomal disorder (which is quite rare!)  He 'IS' very rare & special to his dad & myself, and his family! He's a brave person & will do his best to try and make life easy for us, even though he must feel overwhelmed most of the time...! Very glad to be here .... But not use to how things work yet! Lisa

Parents
  • We found the problem arose from when he started nursery! We managed any problems that came up at home, but once he mixed with peers ... We were being informed of behavioural problems from the first week on! The nursery staff knew of his problems & like u have mentioned obsession with washing machines, vaccum cleaners & trains! But not having a diagnosis made it hard to shake the label 'naughty' He has overload issues and can have the odd meltdown, but we know he feels sorry afterwards. The nursery pushed our local authority to test him in the end as his consultant wouldn't entertain the though he had autism, just dystonic movements! I pray things are helpful with your sons observations, daunting, but nessessary for you both! Can be quite a battle to start! And being with peers, I believe is a good thing, if support from all sides is in place! 

• We found the problem arose from when he started nursery! We managed any problems that came up at home, but once he mixed with peers ... We were being informed of behavioural problems from the first week on! The nursery staff knew of his problems & like u have mentioned obsession with washing machines, vaccum cleaners & trains! But not having a diagnosis made it hard to shake the label 'naughty' He has overload issues and can have the odd meltdown, but we know he feels sorry afterwards. The nursery pushed our local authority to test him in the end as his consultant wouldn't entertain the though he had autism, just dystonic movements! I pray things are helpful with your sons observations, daunting, but nessessary for you both! Can be quite a battle to start! And being with peers, I believe is a good thing, if support from all sides is in place! 

Children
No Data