Holiday abroad (Care Assistance/Support Worker) Help..?

Hi there, I have a 10 year old autistic little boy, I am a single mum that wants to take my son abroad! I wondered if anyone knows if there is a Care Assistance/Support Worker acency that understands autism, that would help me take my son on holiday?? I am able to pay the wages, the airfare, the accomidation (a room of there own) and food ect...  I just would love someone with experience with autism in children! I have found this service for the elderly, but not for children with autism, which would be preferred!! Any advice is greatly appreciate! Thanks

Parents
  • An autism specific support agency may be able to help.  Check out those in your locality + check their inspection reports + anything else that you can find before you proceed.  They are likely to support adults, but as long as you had an induction period where the person could familiarise themselves with you + your son then I can't see why the wouldn't work.  I'm presuming he's ok with flying, going abroad, changing routines, eating habits, accepting of new people, because it will be a very big change to daily living?  Smile

• An autism specific support agency may be able to help.  Check out those in your locality + check their inspection reports + anything else that you can find before you proceed.  They are likely to support adults, but as long as you had an induction period where the person could familiarise themselves with you + your son then I can't see why the wouldn't work.  I'm presuming he's ok with flying, going abroad, changing routines, eating habits, accepting of new people, because it will be a very big change to daily living?  Smile

Children
No Data