Hereditary Autism

Hello All

My 8 year old twin son has been recently assessed as having an asd and adhd. I was wondering if there was any evidence to show that asd was hereditary. Going through the assessment process with my son I have come across signs, symptoms and behaviours that I have had my entire life also. My father has also very similar traits. What do other people think? It is nice to be in a place where you don't feel like the odd human out! 

Peaches8 

Parents
  • There is a good self test for adults at

aspergerstest.net/.../

I would test all parents for this as soon as a child is diagnosed - one reason is that I don't think we are particularly good parents without some help to get over out communication and empathy problems that come with ASD. (speaking as as aspie parent that wished I had done things differently!)

• There is a good self test for adults at

aspergerstest.net/.../

I would test all parents for this as soon as a child is diagnosed - one reason is that I don't think we are particularly good parents without some help to get over out communication and empathy problems that come with ASD. (speaking as as aspie parent that wished I had done things differently!)

Children
No Data