Hello Everyone

Hi All,

I know right now you may be struggling and at your wits end with trying to find help and support but Aspergers and Autism are not the end of the world.

I know its hard and sometimes you feel like giving up, there's no point, or like you belong somewhere else but please try your best to be strong and positive and focus on those things that make you smile.

OK, its not as easy as that when the world gobbles you up, as it does for someone on the spectrum, but please try.

See the thing is, Im on the spectrum, I have Aspergers syndrome and I'm facing some pretty huge battles right now myself so I know the severety of some of your problems. To summarise my problems: I have problems with the police, NHS, government, university, mental health team. Basically all the people who we put our trust in, who we depend on for support, guidance and protection and its not nice.

I'm no angel, I have a past and I made some mistakes in my life but I took responsability for my actions and lost everything more than once as a consequence. The more recent problems stated are not a concequence of my actions though and this is why you all need to stay strong. Sometimes it can feel like its just you thats in the mess but its not and by using things like this and speaking out about your problems we can all learn and hopefully help each other. 

This world was made for all of us regardless of our differences and I hope you all find your answers and support you need...

I was diagnosed late on in life so have self taught myself many good skills and coping strateies im happy to share with you..

All the Best. 

• Hi TCB, I only realised that I had an asd in my 60s. I have learnt so much here by reading other peoples experiences, and replying to posts. It is good to share our thoughts, and admirable that you have the desire to help others.

Welcome to the forum.