Toddler with autism

Hi 

My 18month old son has autism. I first noticed something was different when he was 6months old. We are currently working with a therapist and started an early intervention which isn't going very well. I feel the module is aimed for children more aged 2-3 so my sons needs are not being met. I often hear 'the earlier parents spot autism syptoms the better' although it seems not many professionals based where I live are experienced enough for my sons age group. 

I hope to meet other parents maybe very with young children or similar experiences so maybe I can find better help for my son. 

Thanks Maree

Parents
  • We have just had a preliminary diagnosis at 20months but no support to help us. What therapies is your son receiving? Her nursery is fantastic but just feel like I'm at sea without a raft most of the time. Am here to support even if it is just to listen. 

• We have just had a preliminary diagnosis at 20months but no support to help us. What therapies is your son receiving? Her nursery is fantastic but just feel like I'm at sea without a raft most of the time. Am here to support even if it is just to listen. 

Children
No Data