Howdy

Hello All!

I am a parent of a 6 year old boy, diagnosed atm with speech & coms delay (more coms these days), global delay and emotional learning delay.

A lot of his 'quirks' I can identify with traits on the autistic spectrum, but as yet have not got a firm diagnoses either way. I have not pushed for one as yet, because he is VERY well catered for in a small village mainstream school (he is statemented and hopefully moving over to EHC soon) and appears to be happy at home in the most part. At school and home we use methods of help that are used for Autistic children, which he responds very well to.

I do come to you with a specific question, but I'll save that for another thread.

Really hoping to learn from you guys.

Heha :-)

• Hi, welcome Smile.  Sounds like your little one is doing well at his school.  If I were you, I'd still push for a diagnosis.  Things change, incuding people, inc your , inc the school he goes to + the staff.  Just examples which I'm sure you're aware of.  Things can change quickly, so best be prepared so he can get the help he at some point will def. need.