Another newbie here!

Hi,

Just thought I ought to introduce myself.
I am te mother of 2 children, my 9 year old son and my 19 month old daughter. There have been concerns around my son since he was about 2. I suggested Autism to his teacher who told me that he looks people in the eye so not Autism!! (I know!) Anyway, other than Auditory Processing Difficulties, there were no other diagnosis. He ended up being labelled naughty, not listening etc.

He has since moved to another school, and we had the usual new school year issues (hitting, punching, just generally getting into bother) but he has calmed down. He is on SULP and Nurture, and a meeting with the SENCO, who thought Autism at the start of the year, still thinks, and seems convinced it is Autism. This is following an Ed Psych picking up on him when they were observing another child in his Nurture group. She is writing a report outlining her concerns, and has referred him back to SALT as his language and emotional communication is very immature, and not where it needs to be.

So on the plus side, we now have the support of the school. On the downside, it has taken me almost 7 years to get to this point, and god knows how much longer to actually get a diagnosis, of Autism or otherwise!

So hi! Hope everyone is doing well. I hope to meet lots of wonderful people on my journey Smile xxx