Hi

hi,

i have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder but more recent possible Aspergers syndrome and it has to be ruled out by the Sabp I am very worried

Parents
  • recombinantsocks said:

If you could communicate better and persuade the doctor that you have the conditon then you don't have the condion. And vice versa.

No, I don't agree with this. Just because someone can communicate well enough to persuade their doctor they have autism it does not mean they don't have autism. I don't understand your logic here. Not all cases of autism are the same - some autistic people can communicate better than other people on the spectrum. To assume a person is totally incapable of communicating how they feel to their doctor just because they're autistic is kind of tarring us all with the same brush and limiting someone without taking into account their individuality

• recombinantsocks said:

If you could communicate better and persuade the doctor that you have the conditon then you don't have the condion. And vice versa.

No, I don't agree with this. Just because someone can communicate well enough to persuade their doctor they have autism it does not mean they don't have autism. I don't understand your logic here. Not all cases of autism are the same - some autistic people can communicate better than other people on the spectrum. To assume a person is totally incapable of communicating how they feel to their doctor just because they're autistic is kind of tarring us all with the same brush and limiting someone without taking into account their individuality

Children
No Data