Hello :-)

I'm Benjamin, 27, with high-functioning mild Aspergers, and bipolar disorder.

I've donated/fundraised a bit for the NAS but now I'm seeking out support from the community in terms of local meetups in west London I can go to, and meet others in a similar boat to myself.

• My special interest is nutrition and healthy eating, and psychology, particularly child development. I could probably include Autism as a special interest, too,  because I spend a lot of time studying it in order to understand myself better!

• Hi Hope,

I found out with a "soft" diagnosis when I was 18, my mental health trust backed out of a full diagnosis (probably because I would've qualified for special educational support and they would've had to backdate fifteen years!...). I got my bipolar diagnosis in April this year and I've tried quetiapine (which I hated) and I'm now on olanzapine and fluoxetine to help me manage my mood for the time being.

My special interest is programming, which is great as it's what I do for a day-job :-)

I also have some traits of OCD but they're quite manageable - if something isn't "just-so" then I can live with it. It probably manifests itself more in my job, which is great cause I have a high attention to detail.

How about yourself?

• Hello and welcome,

I am also 27 years old and have Asperger's. My Asperger's is quite subtle and I can cover it up very well, but it nevertheless severely curtails my life. I have OCD as a 'comorbid' diagnosis.

Do you have any special interests? How old were you when you found out about Asperger's?