New member introduction

Hi, I am mother to a gorgeous 3 year old boy who started out perfectly and suddenly began to regress in speech and lack of understanding. He is due his final assessment for autism however my husband and I know this final assessment is just a formality as he has a working diagnosis already. 

We are interested in biomedical therapies alongside all the regular conventional therapies to help with some of the challenging behaviors our son has and we also believe he would be happier too, as he us often in a distressed state. 

If anyone would like to point me in the right direction to get some information or anywhere I can discuss these ideas that would be greatly appreciated

i am looking to explore these ideas too if there is a thread on any of them

• hyperbaric tank rental
  • private dr that will support autism related therapies
  • vit D injections 
  • The possible link between mmr & autism (controversial but but worth looking into with the recent Valentino Bocca case ) 

any help or guidance would be great 

thank you all 

Parents
  • Current evaluations of interventions is available at

researchautism.net/.../

The other thing that changes in a young child's life is weaning when lots of potentially disagreeable foods and additives are introduced to a child. My personal theory is that this made the MMR theory viable as the MMR happens at similar ages to weaning. The evidence is very much against Dr Wakefield as he was found to have fabricated data and has been struck off for his troubles.

Have a look at the exclusion diets at

http://fedup.com.au/

That site suggests that a low salicylate diet (similar to Feingold diet AIUI) can be useful in some cases. The diets suggest avoiding lots of "healthy" food like many fruits.

Personally I have found that I have a number of food intolerances (including apples and strawberries which is irritating as I really liked apple crumble!) but can't say that sorting them out has changed my autism noticably.

I've been on this site regularly for the last six months and there isn't much discussion of diets and there is a fair amount of scepticism about miracle cures.

• Current evaluations of interventions is available at

researchautism.net/.../

The other thing that changes in a young child's life is weaning when lots of potentially disagreeable foods and additives are introduced to a child. My personal theory is that this made the MMR theory viable as the MMR happens at similar ages to weaning. The evidence is very much against Dr Wakefield as he was found to have fabricated data and has been struck off for his troubles.

Have a look at the exclusion diets at

http://fedup.com.au/

That site suggests that a low salicylate diet (similar to Feingold diet AIUI) can be useful in some cases. The diets suggest avoiding lots of "healthy" food like many fruits.

Personally I have found that I have a number of food intolerances (including apples and strawberries which is irritating as I really liked apple crumble!) but can't say that sorting them out has changed my autism noticably.

I've been on this site regularly for the last six months and there isn't much discussion of diets and there is a fair amount of scepticism about miracle cures.

Children
No Data