Hi!

Hi everyone... just reading a few of the latest posts has helped a lot. I am approaching 40 and was diagnosed 2 years ago. Stuggled with depression cause by traits all my life. Hoping to find ways of coping and eventually improving my quality of life. 

Utterly lost at the moment so any advice would be gratefully received. 

Parents
  • Hi, I remain undiagnosed, but am finding answers here and through reading, that bring great relief that I am not just mad or bad. I first had suspicions that I am on the spectrum 14 months ago.

I have found it difficult to come to terms with having what most people see as a disability, but now that I am, I am getting loads of support here and find that I can talk through issues with like minded people.

I struggled with depression for many years, which resulted from my innability to get on with those around me. Now I understand why, and I think many of my friends and aquaintances are understanding for the first time. My life has improved because some of those around me have become aware of my difficulties.

I still have crazy levels of anxiety at times but I am getting to grips with that a little too.

I would suggest that you read all you can and air your issues here and see what feedback you get. I am finding great reassurance in talking to people who think like I do. I am dealing with things that have bugged me for years.

Good luck

• Hi, I remain undiagnosed, but am finding answers here and through reading, that bring great relief that I am not just mad or bad. I first had suspicions that I am on the spectrum 14 months ago.

I have found it difficult to come to terms with having what most people see as a disability, but now that I am, I am getting loads of support here and find that I can talk through issues with like minded people.

I struggled with depression for many years, which resulted from my innability to get on with those around me. Now I understand why, and I think many of my friends and aquaintances are understanding for the first time. My life has improved because some of those around me have become aware of my difficulties.

I still have crazy levels of anxiety at times but I am getting to grips with that a little too.

I would suggest that you read all you can and air your issues here and see what feedback you get. I am finding great reassurance in talking to people who think like I do. I am dealing with things that have bugged me for years.

Good luck

Children
No Data