Suggestions please

Hi,

My son who is 4 years old was flagged with delay in PSED at his pre-school. His pre-school session was reduced from 6 hours to 1 hours due to his behaviours and lack of resource. The worrying behaviour he had was he would be physical when he couldnt regulate (hit, kick, throw things) harm adults and other children .He did well when he has 121 but seems to struggles with his regulation when he is on his own.

He now goes to mainstream school for an hour only as the school don’t have resource for him for 121.We have applied for ECHP waiting for EP to be assigned and in process for him to be diagnosed as well .

Most of his behaviours flags to autism however recently he has developed some behaviours like shouting and screaming while playing on his own. He hit all his milestones on time , there are some flags on his speech but some days he does  surprises us with very intelligent conversations. He is good at remembering and notices things quickly as well. 

What I found difficult about the whole process is getting the support while waiting for him have the right support and diagnosis . There is no single point of contact to go to. The whole process of all agencies getting involved is good and we are lucky to have them however the wait seems for forever . I guess many parent like myself are going through the same but I was thinking  while waiting for things to happen, what can I do to help him as it feels we are wasting time waiting.

We have joined couple of lessons for him but then I am not sure what will help him to have more positive behaviour and to help him regulate his feelings .

Any suggestions please .

Thank you