Hello

I find that being borderline Aspergers as well as having ADHD a lonely place to be. Especially as I'm a disabled senior who never married, nor had children. If it weren't for my inner belief that the soul never dies and that if one commits suicide one has to return in another body to live out the original destined life then I think I would have topped myself somehow.

Parents
  • Hi and welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to hear of your struggles. Unfortunately, as autistic people we can more be likely to experience loneliness. You might find some of the advice here helpful:

NAS - Loneliness

The links and resources at the bottom of the article include, for example, local NAS branches and the Autism Services Directory, which you might like to search for groups in your area.

At times of need, you might also find some of the resources and services listed here helpful:

NAS - Urgent help

I hope that, as Mark also suggested, you stick around here in the community, whether just to read what others are sharing or to participate actively yourself. You are among new friends here :)

• Hi and welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to hear of your struggles. Unfortunately, as autistic people we can more be likely to experience loneliness. You might find some of the advice here helpful:

NAS - Loneliness

The links and resources at the bottom of the article include, for example, local NAS branches and the Autism Services Directory, which you might like to search for groups in your area.

At times of need, you might also find some of the resources and services listed here helpful:

NAS - Urgent help

I hope that, as Mark also suggested, you stick around here in the community, whether just to read what others are sharing or to participate actively yourself. You are among new friends here :)

Children
No Data