Hi - Self - Diagnosed and unsure what to do next...

Hi all

I am a 64 years old male. I have self - diagnosed as autistic  on the strength of some Youtube videos I watched recently. I have a previous diagnosis of ADD from about 25 years ago (private), this was refuted by Maudsley about 15 years ago because I don't apparently respond appropriately to methylphenidate... I tried the drug again a couple of years ago but it didn't end well.

My questions revolve around diagnosis and help.

Are there reputable online tests for autism that I could take to have a better picture of where I am with this.

I am based on the coast between Brighton and Eastbourne, could anyone recomend a therapist? I would dearly like to gain some sort of perspective on what to do about this 'diagnosis' - or if the diagnosis is inapropriate then some guidance generally.

Not looking for sympathy here just a grown up perspective.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Parents
  • Hi and welcome. There are quite a few of us on here in our fifties and sixties - both self diagnosed and formally diagnosed - so you're not alone.

There are lots of books and videos available to help you understand yourself, and you can post any questions you have on here. Hope you find this forum useful.

• Hi and welcome. There are quite a few of us on here in our fifties and sixties - both self diagnosed and formally diagnosed - so you're not alone.

There are lots of books and videos available to help you understand yourself, and you can post any questions you have on here. Hope you find this forum useful.

Children
No Data