Hello everyone! New here and looking for guidance.

Hello!

I'm excited to finally join and share my experiences with everyone!

I'm 34 and currently currently seeking diagnosis for ASD. Unfortunately I'm currently unemployed and not insured which is very scary as a US citizen.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at 18 and have been suspecting for the last 2 years that I'm likely autistic. I've talked to several doctors  on the matter and most agree. The main problem now is that there is absolutely no way I can afford an official diagnosis and it's been HEAVY on my mind for so long now. I lost my job because of missing too many hours from chronic migraines, severe anxiety,  depression, and insomnia.

The more I learn, the more I believe I'm going through a heavy burnout episode. Gladly my doctors have been very helpful and I'm getting better slowly but surely. 

The main thing I'd really appreciate input on is the validity of self diagnosis. Both of my doctors have basically told me that I should probably just proceed as if I'm officially diagnosed based of their opinion and the fact that all of the tests I've taken have strongly suggested I'm on the spectrum. However, I can't help but to feel a massive reluctance and some sort of imposter syndrome. If I had the resources I would just go for the diagnosis for the piece of mind.

How many of you have had a similar experience? I'd love to hear everyone's journey! I think the insight would help me to move forward. Thanks so much everyone!

Parents Reply Children
No Data