Intro 2: The Light Version

I already posted an intro thing but it was more complaining and asking for advice. I am interested in meeting people with similar interests so I thought I would post another intro that includes those things.

I'm not used to talking about myself but here we go!

I just diagnosed myself with autism a few days ago at the age of 35. I also strongly believe I have social anxiety disorder. 

I have a lovely neurotypical wife but no real social connections other than that. I just haven't found anyone who can relate to these issues, and now that I know I'm autistic, I wonder if I can meet other autistic people who understand me.

My biggest struggle is my energy levels. I always feel tired or burnt out. Definitely worse after social interactions but it's constant!

The most interesting thing about me is likely that I'm a retired nomad. This is apparently very related to autism. I discovered I wouldn't be able to stand the pressures of school and work forever and I needed to devise a way out. I eventually decided to put hours of my time every day into learning about investing as it pertains to retirement. I eventually became somewhat of an expert at this niche and retired at 32. After retiring, my wife and I left with just backpacks to travel permanently. We have been to many countries, we have experienced a lot.

Interests (special?)

• Finance and retirement research
  • Making spreadsheets 
  • Travel (Experiencing unique cultures, architecture, food)
  • Nature (Hiking in the forest and mountains)
  • Renaissance/Baroque music (Bach, Gibbons, Lassus, etc)
  • Musical composition (Loving AI music generation right now! Here are some of my creations: www.udio.com/.../Spreadsheets )
  • Calisthenics/fitness/nutrition
  • The future of tech (AI, robotics, etc)
  • Anything scientific (learning about the nature of reality)
  • Philosophy (Applying logic and reason to everything)
  • Analyzing everything including social encounters and how normal people interact as if they're a different species :P
  • RPG games (DQ, FF, BOF)

Parents
  • Hello again !

Things I have in common with you

• an allistic wife (I can't say NT, as she's dyslexic. Allistic is a quicker way of saying not autistic)
    • Travel - though it severely stresses me out, I still do it when I can
    • Musical composition (Many many many years ago, I did video game music - nothing too famous). It's one of my special interests but has died off somewhat because of my big burnout.
    • AI/Science interested. I have an analytical mind. AI terrifies me, to be honest. There are obvious AI accounts on here.
    • RPGs - big time! I love FF, but not so much the recent ones 1-13 mainly. Just started Fallout 4 again. I finished the main Fallout 3 quest and decided to skip New Vegas.
  • Hi Mark, what faction(s) will you be joining in Fallout 4? I like Minutemen and Brotherhood of Steel best. Ad victorium!

Reply Children
No Data