For the oldies - Ladybird's books

I went to St Albans museum today with my parent-in-laws.

They had a small exhibition of Ladybird book art work.

It was a real trip down memory lane, with pictures that I have not seen since Primary school in the 70s.

Parents
  • I liked the information books as a child and I remember having some of the fairy tales. I sometimes bought one if I was given money. I believe before decimal currency they were 2/6.

I lived by the sea so often used the sea and seashore life for identification. I liked the simpler ones as I could read them. I used to like making things so I used the Things to Make one for years and I think later they did a more things to make. I always thought they were good because you could get one on almost any subject and they were relatively cheap.

• I liked the information books as a child and I remember having some of the fairy tales. I sometimes bought one if I was given money. I believe before decimal currency they were 2/6.

I lived by the sea so often used the sea and seashore life for identification. I liked the simpler ones as I could read them. I used to like making things so I used the Things to Make one for years and I think later they did a more things to make. I always thought they were good because you could get one on almost any subject and they were relatively cheap.

Children