Hello from a newly diagnosed 30 year old (female) with an interest in Harry Potter (amongst other things)

Hi all!

Newly diagnosed with ASD (a couple of weeks ago). I only realised I may be Autistic March last year so it's been a bit of an eye opener. 

I also have inattentive ADD - assessment later this year. 

My most persistent interest is Harry Potter. Also interested in video games, board games, miniature painting, digital art, crochet, animals, gym, learning Japanese and Japanese culture and travel generally, reading fiction (fantasy). 

I'd like to say hi to anyone with similar interests. 

Parents
  • Hi Pip. 

Welcome!

I enjoy Harry Potter because my niece loves it at the moment. I've only watched the films (apart from Deathly Hallows 2, which I am under very strict orders not to watch without her)

I've loved all things Japan since the late 70s when I saw a documentary on TV. I loved the band Japan, who had great success in Japan! They had lifelong ties with the Yellow Magic Orchestra who I also like. I have loved JRPGs since the Famicom era. I ended up going to Japan for our honeymoon and we have been two more times since. I love it so much. We go to Hyper Japan in London every other year.

Hope that you stick around!

• Thanks for your warm welcome.

I will make sure to avoid spoilers then! If you're into books, I strongly recommend giving them a read as it goes a fair bit deeper into the lore than some of the films. 

I also like that band! I went to Japan for the first time in February for the Sapporo Snow Festival - it was wonderful!! And have also been to Hyper Japan in London many times. 

• Do you mind if I share a few photos on this thread of yours. I won't go overboard, but easier to show than describe. Japan!

• Oh, these photos are lovely! Yes, we had our fix of kitkats when we were there too - I really liked the adzuki sandwich flavoured ones. We got very lucky for it to snow in Tokyo and saw it fall onto Senso-Ji temple - truly magical. 

Reply Children
No Data