Aspergers or Autism?

Given the recent change from Aspergers to Autism, are we now supposed to tell others we're autistic as opposed to having Aspergers? I know Aspergers is the autistic spectrum, I am concerned I will make a mistake.

Parents
  • Since my diagnosis in 2021, I’ve seen how purposely lazy so many people are with the labels of Aspergers v Autism (the former being the outdated version) - you can only do so much to educate people, but if such people point-blank refuse to understand and refuse to be educated because they are obviously coming from a place of discriminatory attitudes and prejudice then we have to adopt a hardline, zero tolerance and zero patience approach to this - it’s time to push for a change to the law to make this a criminal offence - just look at how LGBT people pushed for changes to the law to force these prejudices out of civilised society - I’m a firm believer in strict discipline and rigid enforcement of draconian laws to force people to change their behaviour and attitudes and as an older gay man myself, I’ve seen how this has gained much success for LGBT people - it sounds like a small thing at first glance, but even such a small and almost irrelevant thing can reap huge rewards in other areas, because we would be sending out a strong message that such behaviour will not be tolerated 

• Since my diagnosis in 2021, I’ve seen how purposely lazy so many people are with the labels of Aspergers v Autism (the former being the outdated version) - you can only do so much to educate people, but if such people point-blank refuse to understand and refuse to be educated because they are obviously coming from a place of discriminatory attitudes and prejudice then we have to adopt a hardline, zero tolerance and zero patience approach to this - it’s time to push for a change to the law to make this a criminal offence - just look at how LGBT people pushed for changes to the law to force these prejudices out of civilised society - I’m a firm believer in strict discipline and rigid enforcement of draconian laws to force people to change their behaviour and attitudes and as an older gay man myself, I’ve seen how this has gained much success for LGBT people - it sounds like a small thing at first glance, but even such a small and almost irrelevant thing can reap huge rewards in other areas, because we would be sending out a strong message that such behaviour will not be tolerated 

Children
No Data