Hey everyone :)

This is my first time accessing this website. For a while I've been apprehensive about it but I thought I would give it a shot. As you can safely assume, I am autistic and I would love to find some like-minded people to interact with. 

I'm open to many topics but I would love to find someone who struggles with the way that neurotypicals operate and interact, especially in the workplace. 

Something that always confuses me is when neurotypicals project and assume that you think you're better than them simply because you don't find them funny. I've always found this so illogical. I'm not a hypocrite, I know that humour is subjective and everyone is different,  so I don't take it personally when others don't find me funny. 

I struggle to fake laugh, which makes me seem highly sarcastic, so I would try and give a small chuckle or not say much.

I find social clicks and hierarchies challenging to navigate, since I dislike how others are treated differently or thrown under the bus simply because they are new and not well integrated . In all honesty it's mostly neurotypical guys that I struggle with (I'm a guy too) in general. They are often more emotionally heightened and look for opportunities to justify singling people out. 

Congrats if you got to the end of my pure waffle, and I hope anyone reading this who feels the same as me is heard and not alone :)

Parents Reply Children
No Data