Hi I’m new .

I really need advice, my daughter has autism currently waiting for ADHD assessment. 
She 14 years old, extremely misbehaving at school. 
she’s having afterschools ever day. attitude to teachers she doesn’t like. 
refusing to anything in her hotspot lessons . 
how do u guys handle this. 
iv tired the talking it through , tried taking electronic off her, meetings at the school. 
any advise would be great. 
many thanks Kay 

Parents
  • welcome to the community. I was also challenging in my teens, not at school but after school I had meltdowns regularly. You gonna need a professional help to help your daughter. I think maybe her behavior is not intentional. Maybe it’s related to sensory overload. Have you discussed with therapist and the school a possibility of giving your daughter some sort of sensory breaks in a separate “sensory friendly” room? I remember asking my teachers for breaks in the classroom alone because I couldn’t cope with the horrible noise at the corridors. I was denied and I was told I’m not a queen to get special treatment. But I felt somehow subconsciously what I needed. Maybe similar solution would work for your daughter. Of course she would need to be under someone’s supervision. The behavior is the problem on the surface but the issue causing it may be much deeper 

• welcome to the community. I was also challenging in my teens, not at school but after school I had meltdowns regularly. You gonna need a professional help to help your daughter. I think maybe her behavior is not intentional. Maybe it’s related to sensory overload. Have you discussed with therapist and the school a possibility of giving your daughter some sort of sensory breaks in a separate “sensory friendly” room? I remember asking my teachers for breaks in the classroom alone because I couldn’t cope with the horrible noise at the corridors. I was denied and I was told I’m not a queen to get special treatment. But I felt somehow subconsciously what I needed. Maybe similar solution would work for your daughter. Of course she would need to be under someone’s supervision. The behavior is the problem on the surface but the issue causing it may be much deeper 

Children