Introducing myself

Hello everyone! I am glad to be here, I have suspected autism and wanted to join a community for Autism. I am currently underway to get tested, my little brother is high on the spectrum and my parents believe I am on the spectrum as well. If anyone has any advice for a 23 year old to get tested, I would love to hear it!

Parents
  • Welcome to the community Kyle!

It sounds like you’re doing the right thing by considering to have an assessment. You should definitely ask for a referral. Knowing that it may take some time to for you to get an assessment, you should use the time you’re waiting to do lots of research, watching videos about autism and using this forum, to learn more about yourself and what autism means to you. It’s absolutely valid to self identify as autistic, and an assessment will then help validate it. My recommendation is to use the website “Embrace Autism” to complete the AQ50 (and other useful testing tools), as they really help… they helped me when I was learning about what traits I have that relate to autism. 

• Thank you for your kind words, Andy!

Yeah, I have got an appointment with my GP tomorrow about it and I am going to see what he says/what he can do to help me. I am fully aware of the waiting time. Yeah! I have already done a lot of research and watched videos about autism to learn more about myself and what autism means to me. Aye, a few have recommended Embrace Autism, I actually have their page open now! 

Thank you so much for reaching out and responding Andy, it means a lot to me!

• Thank you for your kind words, Andy!

Yeah, I have got an appointment with my GP tomorrow about it and I am going to see what he says/what he can do to help me. I am fully aware of the waiting time. Yeah! I have already done a lot of research and watched videos about autism to learn more about myself and what autism means to me. Aye, a few have recommended Embrace Autism, I actually have their page open now! 

Thank you so much for reaching out and responding Andy, it means a lot to me!

Children
No Data