Hi everyone

I'm an undiagnosed autistic woman in my 30s. I grew up in a country with little to non help and information about autism, or any other neurodivergencies. 

I am now in the process of trying to get diagnosed which is proving very difficult. I have been living abroad for many years now and for some reason my sensory issues are growing bigger and bigger. 

I don't really believe I had ever masked my autism completely but probably camouflaged it inside my very creative and quircky way of life. I was so ignored and missunderstood at school that no teacher ever realized I can't do math or tell the time. Still can't. I have been called lazy and rude all my life. 

Being in a more understanding and supportive environment now I wish to get diagnosed to find solutions about my sensory issues and deal with shutdowns and crazy energy deficit. I am also a sensory seeker and that creates some extra issues. I have a hard time understand what I'm feeling both physically and mentally, can't understand temperatures and pain like others and I think there is something wrong with my eyesight too. The biggest problems that I have always had were extreame light and sound sensitivities for which I got bullied for constantly, and regulation. I always need time to myself after being with other people.

I'm very glad I came across this place where I can read so many other relatable stories. Let me know if you have any of the issues I'm having, it would help so much to know I'm not the only one. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data