Worried about asking for a referral.

Hello everyone,

Lovely to meet you all.

I'm 53 and was diagnosed with OCD in 2020 and ADHD last October. My GP had to send two referral applications for the ADHD assessment because my local mental health team said the OCD course which I completed in 2021 should help me to 'feel better'. I felt I was being fobbed off by the team but, persisted with the assessment which took nearly six hours spread over two sessions, 8 weeks apart. I know the NHS is stretched beyond ability at the moment but, I don't think I have the strength to go through the whole thing again for an autism diagnosis. I haven't received a report yet from the ASHD diagnosis, I did request a letter from the psychologist which had four sentences on it, is this usual? 

Thanks peeps,

Rachel Slight smile

• Well you'd better have the right link, it's www.Aspergerstestsite.com

• Thank you I Sperg, I'll look at that site x

• I can from personal experience recommend the aspergerstestsite.com website as the results there mirrored my NHS test results.

Since the NHS psychologist told me straight up "there is no treatment" for Autism, I see the formal diagnosis as of little use, except as a method of stopping bullying behaviour in some cases, without having to resort to overwhelming and unexpected violence. (Semi-humour there, sadly, as that can be a most useful and efficacious solution to bullying, but there's usually unexpected fallout or collateral damage, so best to deploy that "overwhelming and unexpected violence" tool later rather than first)