Hi, New here

Hi 

Just taken the time to join as i am a mum of 4 children that are on the spectrum. They all go through so many different challenges and are so individual. My youngest is non verbal and non gesturing. Pica is a massive factor for him that i struggle with. It got so bad i had to remove doors so he could not eat them Its so rewarding getting to be their mum and i am constantly trying to learn more to do better.

Parents
  • Hello Beth, welcome to the NAS community. It must be such a struggle with so many children but it sounds like you're doing a great job in helping them get through early years safely. When I was little I used to bite everything and my Dad put padding like soft foam, (safe to bite), around legs of chairs and anything that might be sharp. 

This is something you might want to consider doing around your home as well? Just a suggestion. Blush I hope you'll find being part of this community useful. I joined in 2021 and I've found it a helpful and friendly place. I hope you find the same.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

• Hello Beth, welcome to the NAS community. It must be such a struggle with so many children but it sounds like you're doing a great job in helping them get through early years safely. When I was little I used to bite everything and my Dad put padding like soft foam, (safe to bite), around legs of chairs and anything that might be sharp. 

This is something you might want to consider doing around your home as well? Just a suggestion. Blush I hope you'll find being part of this community useful. I joined in 2021 and I've found it a helpful and friendly place. I hope you find the same.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

Children
No Data