Friendships

My first post on here so be gentle.

Awake in the wee hours and ruminating over a meet up with a friend last night

Why is it so tough to navigate friendships???

I am 55, happily married to the only person on this planet who gets me. For that I am so truly grateful. But I find it incredibly difficult to understand friendships and navigate the depth of friendships. 

I have 1 friend whom having met for dinner has distanced our meet ups from us meeting regularly once a month to once every 4, 5 months. I feel hurt confused, rejected and I create the narrative of im boring uninteresting which I struggle to prove incorrect. This said friend has many friends, does lots of fun things, goes to theatre and events with others. 

Everytime I meet up with this person I am left feeling insecure about who I am, inadequate, boring and my MH spirals into place of despair.

But it's my only friendship.  I don't know what I have done and I go to a place of feeling I'm unacceptable being me

So are there any 50 somethings outthere who firstly 'get me' on this and would like to form connections with another 50 something menopausal women who feels she has so much to offer in friendship but it isn't reciprocated or wanted. I feel it all too much as I've got older

Aaargh I can't be the only one who feels this. Can I? Am I?

• You’re certainly not the only one. All of the people I once thought of as friends did this years ago and I have none left now, which makes it so much harder to meet anyone new.

PS welcome to the forum Slight smile

• Maybe you are the only one who feels this; nobody's replied.

No I'm only joking. I'm not sure what to advise, I just thought I'd say something so you don't feel bad about nobody having replied.