Undiagnosed

Hi I’ve only just made an account on here. So I have believed that I’m autistic for about 4 years now. When I was 19 I went to my gp to try start the process of getting an assessment but I was pretty much told that because I was 19 she wouldn’t refer me because I must’ve found coping mechanisms but also that it’s anxiety/eating disorder. Since then I’ve been debating going back and speaking to someone else as I really need extra support if I’m going to make it through college. Has anyone got any advice about getting a diagnosis/ know if I can get support without being diagnosed? Thank you if you read this I’m very nervous to post on here :)

Parents
  • Welcome! Dont feel nervous about posting, everyone is very nice Slight smile

If you need support by getting a diagnosis then I would try to get a referral. If they say no again, could you possibly go private? Or you could try to find resources that are available even with self diagnosis.

Sorry this isnt very helpful. 

• Welcome! Dont feel nervous about posting, everyone is very nice Slight smile

If you need support by getting a diagnosis then I would try to get a referral. If they say no again, could you possibly go private? Or you could try to find resources that are available even with self diagnosis.

Sorry this isnt very helpful. 

Children
No Data