New and looking for advice

Hello everyone. I want my daughter who is 19 years old to be tested for autism. It is something that she also wants as she wants answers to why she is the way she is. I’m presuming it is a long process with the NHS. I just wondered if anyone could share their experience with the diagnosis process and how you got it. NHS or private? Thank you for your time Slight smile

Parents
  • NHS. First my university said, 'get a diagnosis but you'll have to pay for it yourself.' Then the law changed. So when I next went to my GP they said 'yes you should be diagnosed but we can't aford it,' which strictly speaking was against the rules. Then later my employer sent me back to my GP saying I should get a diagnosis so they refered me ... some time early 2019 late 2018 I think, I'm not sure. Late 2020 mid pandemic they get back to me. They're going to try and diagnose me via video call. What actually happened was me and my dad had to fill in a lot of paper work. Forms about my childhood etc. Then there were 3 phone interviews then a video call. Then I got a report in the mail saying I was autistic.

• NHS. First my university said, 'get a diagnosis but you'll have to pay for it yourself.' Then the law changed. So when I next went to my GP they said 'yes you should be diagnosed but we can't aford it,' which strictly speaking was against the rules. Then later my employer sent me back to my GP saying I should get a diagnosis so they refered me ... some time early 2019 late 2018 I think, I'm not sure. Late 2020 mid pandemic they get back to me. They're going to try and diagnose me via video call. What actually happened was me and my dad had to fill in a lot of paper work. Forms about my childhood etc. Then there were 3 phone interviews then a video call. Then I got a report in the mail saying I was autistic.

Children
No Data