Criminal offence

Please would love some feedback how to deal with a situation that happened at school today. My daughter is 13 and is undiagnosed and waiting her assessment. I'm beginning to have issues with her not going to class but today I was in for total shock. So today first I had message stating my daughter was not in class to calls from the school police man stating my daughter had a knife and was flashing it about. I'm angry upset and at my whits end this is very out of character and now she is getting charged. She is a good kid and how do I punish her. My partner is arguing with me saying she blaming everyone other than herself. We spoke and she says she doesn't know why. She gets bullied for being different. She has been in her room since lunch no Xbox or phone.apparantly it's not a good enough punishment. I need help and thought on this. Thanks

Ayrshire 

Parents
  • Knowing something about knife crime I can tell you kids that take knives with them are usually scared of being physically hurt themselves not premeditating an attack themselves, so they go overboard in the way they feel they have to defend themselves. You have to get to the bottom of why she had a knife in the first place it could be important to how she gets charged and if it goes to court. And if the School is harbouring physically violent bullies that promote kids feeling unsafe enough to have knives they need to take it seriously and crack down on the bullying, the cause of it, not the symptom.

• Knowing something about knife crime I can tell you kids that take knives with them are usually scared of being physically hurt themselves not premeditating an attack themselves, so they go overboard in the way they feel they have to defend themselves. You have to get to the bottom of why she had a knife in the first place it could be important to how she gets charged and if it goes to court. And if the School is harbouring physically violent bullies that promote kids feeling unsafe enough to have knives they need to take it seriously and crack down on the bullying, the cause of it, not the symptom.

Children
No Data