Criminal offense

Please would love some feedback how to deal with a situation that happened at school today. My daughter is 13 and is undiagnosed and waiting her assessment. I'm beginning to have issues with her not going to class but today I was in for total shock. So today first I had message stating my daughter was not in class to calls from the school police man stating my daughter had a knife and was flashing it about. I'm angry upset and at my whits end this is very out of character and now she is getting charged. She is a good kid and how do I punish her. My partner is arguing with me saying she blaming everyone other than herself. We spoke and she says she doesn't know why. She gets bullied for being different. She has been in her room since lunch no Xbox or phone.apparantly it's not a good enough punishment. I need help and thought on this. Thanks

Ayrshire 

Parents
  • i dunno.... im often brutal in my advocacy for discipline in children.... but these days i think witholding all tech like iphone and xbox is a good enough punishment because kids these days are totally lost without their tech and gadgets and need to think about their life and decisions for once without all of these tech distractions. so it is a good step, so long as there isnt too much else for her to distract herself with. 

• I started with the tech and turned wi-fi off. I never know how to punish without going too far and causing more stress  to the household but she needs to learn this is unacceptable. Not sure what's going to happen at school yet. Wish I could rewind my day. 

• I started with the tech and turned wi-fi off. I never know how to punish without going too far and causing more stress  to the household but she needs to learn this is unacceptable. Not sure what's going to happen at school yet. Wish I could rewind my day. 

Children
No Data