GP refuse to refer and have a policy not to see under 16's

Hi All, 

I am new here. Mum to an 11yr old girl who is on the ND Pathway for ADHD and a 12yr old boy.

I have often felt my son shows signs of autism as he has quite a few stimming activities that does, can totally misunderstand how he processes information and repeats sentences several times. 

He loves routine and certain clothing that I have to try to replace in a bigger size as he wears certain items until they wear out.

He has always struggled with social interaction and making friends.

I asked school as I feel he could benefit from some help to navigate through high school and later life. 

They explained it is the GP that does the referral. 

I spoke to my GP practice and they flatly refused to see him.

The school SENCO called them to spend 35 minutes on the phone to a woman who told her their policy is not to see anyone under 16 and she refused to allow her to speak to anyone else.

She said they are the only GP practice she ever heard of that refuse to see a child or young person. 

I have put in an official complaint to the practice and will take this to their commissioning group and the health ombudsman. 

I'm stunned they have this policy as this leaves us at a standstill with no option but to change GP. 

I cannot believe a GP practice could act like this. 

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Linzi Heart️

Parents Reply Children
No Data