Hello

Hi,

I hope I'm okay posting as I don't actually have a diagnosis, but I suspect I have ASD and have booked a GP appointment to discuss this.

I'm a 30 year old female, and have always struggled with things but have always been able to hide it. Since I had children (a 2 year old and an 8 week old), however, i've struggled much more to the point that my husband has noticed.

I don't have anyone to really talk to about my suspicions as I know that my family members will just dismiss it. I'm hoping that this community might help with that.

Parents
  • Hello Mardybum (great name btw), I am Number.

You have joined these pages at an uncharacteristically fractious time.....but please don't let that scare you off.  It is normally MUCH calmer and less fighty!  I'm genuinely not sure why.

Anyhow - back to you.

Firstly, don't worry about "your status" as being without a formal diagnosis.  MANY here are in that boat, but are undoubtedly autistic.  MANY here have chosen not to seek a diagnosis because the practical benefits of doing so are "de minimis" although the KNOWING and ACCEPTING one's autistic reality is definitely key (in my opinion) and formal diagnosis can help with that.

Secondly, don't worry about family members being dismissive - MANY here have that problem....in skip loads!

And finally, I also hope that his community might be able to help you with talking about all this stuff.  In the past, that has been the case with MANY souls who explore this place - not all, by any means - but enough to make it REALLY significant for many of us who have arrived here....and stayed.

Anyway - bedtime is upon me.  I hope to see you around on a different page sometime soon.

Kind regards

Number.

• Thank you. I was debating whether I even should try for a diagnosis, but I so have difficulty in the workplace and it would be good to have just for that really. I'm glad this place exists though, I wouldn't have had anyone to talk with if not.

• Thank you. I was debating whether I even should try for a diagnosis, but I so have difficulty in the workplace and it would be good to have just for that really. I'm glad this place exists though, I wouldn't have had anyone to talk with if not.

Children
No Data