Hello

Hi,

I hope I'm okay posting as I don't actually have a diagnosis, but I suspect I have ASD and have booked a GP appointment to discuss this.

I'm a 30 year old female, and have always struggled with things but have always been able to hide it. Since I had children (a 2 year old and an 8 week old), however, i've struggled much more to the point that my husband has noticed.

I don't have anyone to really talk to about my suspicions as I know that my family members will just dismiss it. I'm hoping that this community might help with that.

Parents
  • HI MB93

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like you've got a lot on your hands - especially with a couple of young children.
    You say that your husband has noticed that you are struggling - have you had a conversation with him about the potential of being autistic? If not, then I strongly urge you to do so, because you simply cannot have too much support through what is typically a very frustrating and drawn out process.

I found that whilst my GP wasn't dismissive of the idea that I may be autistic, she really didn't provide any help in getting me to the point of the assessment waiting list. Mental health services were also on the whole next to useless, although I did eventually get a support worker who understood the process.

What I'm saying is go for it, but be under no illusion that its going to be a smooth ride.
    I say this with the very best intention and wish you well in your journey.
    Hopefully you will be able to find a lot of guidance here.

• HI MB93

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like you've got a lot on your hands - especially with a couple of young children.
    You say that your husband has noticed that you are struggling - have you had a conversation with him about the potential of being autistic? If not, then I strongly urge you to do so, because you simply cannot have too much support through what is typically a very frustrating and drawn out process.

I found that whilst my GP wasn't dismissive of the idea that I may be autistic, she really didn't provide any help in getting me to the point of the assessment waiting list. Mental health services were also on the whole next to useless, although I did eventually get a support worker who understood the process.

What I'm saying is go for it, but be under no illusion that its going to be a smooth ride.
    I say this with the very best intention and wish you well in your journey.
    Hopefully you will be able to find a lot of guidance here.

Children