Feeling streched too far

I'm currently homeless and staying in a hostel is so hard I always think I have more time before I start not being able to cope or the changes are too different or nothing feeling right but it's hitting me like a train not being comfortable at all my skin and body hurting from being uncomfortable does anyone have ways for you to help getting that safe feeling 

Parents
  • Hi, historically I’ve been in that situation twice so I can emphasis the additional struggle you may be feeling with the change etc, I know for the entirety of my experiences I kept counting the doors and windows over & over (definitely not advising that just saying I struggled with uncertainty), firstly congratulations on coping the best you can, you certainly deserve that, if possible are you able to get a comfy duvet cover/ blanket to decorate your bed with and maybe make it everyday to feel some order? Maybe nice soft fabrics? I love smells so I put nice plug in I liked. Apologies if this is not in anyway helpful or comforting to you, I know everyone is different, I will think of more xxx

• Thank you for your comment I put the dresser across my door as it's only rooms and everything else is shared spaces that I can't yous even if I'm so hungry I'm not using it trying to stay out all day so I got a cosy blanket and going to try get some nice smelling things I never thought of that xx

• Yes I understand I only had one room at one place, do you like calming lights at all? Maybe a sensory light or salt lamp to make the room more relaxing? Again apologies if not suitable for you, I will keep thinking 

• I had shared rest of facilities and I hated having to use the communal kitchen, are you able to eat in your room? Do you have something to watch maybe while you eat? 

• Just a plug in one

Reply Children