Diagnosed at last!

After 3 years of waiting I've finally found the answers of why I'm different and feel out of place in the world.Turns out I'm autistic and I do belong. It's a nice feeling. I feel like I finally know the real me, she's always been there but now I can see her for the first time.

I wish I had found out sooner, it would have made my time at school easier for sure. But I'm looking forward now and hoping for an exciting adventure ahead of me.

• Congratulations on finally getting your diagnosis and welcome to your tribe. 

• I think it’ll take more than a week. It’s been a few months since my diagnosis and I still haven’t got my head round it!

But welcome Fuzzyair, it’s the start of a journey toward living a more authentic and sustainable life Slight smile

• Congratulations....welcome to the club.
    How did your assessment go? Did it last long? Did you struggle with any particular parts? Did you have to wait long for the assessment?

I was diagnosed earlier this week and whilst it was not unexpected, to hear those words of confirmation from the assessor was a huge relief.

I cannot lie - it has hit me though, despite months of wondering and research.
    I've ended up having to take the week off work so that I can get my head around being "officially" autistic.
    A real mix of emotions and I expect that to continue for the foreseeable future.

I'm just so thankful for resources such as this fantastic community forum and all of the wonderful members.

• Congrats ^^ and welcome to the family

It's an amazing feeling isn't it I don't think I'll ever forget the day I was diagnosed either

The feeling is always there

What are your hobbies? :)