New - advice needed

Hello all, I have a wonderful 3yo boy who’s hitting all his milestones, very clever etc but something just isn’t right. His behaviour is awful, he has numerous meltdowns a day, we’ve noticed lots of little things like stripping off in a meltdown when he’s not happy in a situation that put together seem to be autism. Family and friends just keep saying he’s a lad he’s just a boy but they don’t see him day in day out. Any advice? Anyone else’s child who is like this? Honestly feel so out of my depth.

Parents
  • I think listen to your instincts,don't take no for an answer from the doctors and insist on assessment. If you read up more on how ADHD and Autism present in small children you will be armed with more information to backup your request. Sadly many people are turned away because they only talk about one behaviour, not the triad of impairments. GP's are still woefully uninformed so need convincing. 

• I think listen to your instincts,don't take no for an answer from the doctors and insist on assessment. If you read up more on how ADHD and Autism present in small children you will be armed with more information to backup your request. Sadly many people are turned away because they only talk about one behaviour, not the triad of impairments. GP's are still woefully uninformed so need convincing. 

Children