This is difficult

Hello

I'm 56. Recently diagnosed. My life is not a life. Total mess. I 'live' in isolation.

On Monday I am going to court because I am too poor to pay council tax. This is destroying me. They will not listen to me, I am struggling to do accounts in the time they demanded. I've had enough. I fear will be homeless soon.

I fought against the diagnosis. I'm devastated that I now know I will never be what I want to be.

I don't know what to do or why I'm here.

The more pressure they keep putting on me the slower I become..

It's all pain and loneliness.

I'm sorry this is such a crap introduction. I can't focus right now.

Parents
  • Bless you. This has got to be though.

Sounds like you fought the diagnosis, but you are here and not fighting it now.

The housing, tax, executive function issues are common. Speak to your GP. A social prescriber or CAB advisor or advocate is needed to get you through the immediate practical crisis and they can refer, thereafter we can help answer your questions and give you some support to plot a path forward. Don't be afraid to keep telling officials you are Autistic and require reasonable adjustment.

You have a long journey ahead, but there is hope. I was 56 too when I had my diagnosis. Life began at 56.

• Bless you. This has got to be though.

Sounds like you fought the diagnosis, but you are here and not fighting it now.

The housing, tax, executive function issues are common. Speak to your GP. A social prescriber or CAB advisor or advocate is needed to get you through the immediate practical crisis and they can refer, thereafter we can help answer your questions and give you some support to plot a path forward. Don't be afraid to keep telling officials you are Autistic and require reasonable adjustment.

You have a long journey ahead, but there is hope. I was 56 too when I had my diagnosis. Life began at 56.

Children
No Data